Making its debut at the 2011 SEMA Show, Toyota Yaris B-Spec Club Racer is the first race car built for competition in the U.S. from the next-generation 2012 Yaris SE. The Yaris B-Spec Club Racer was built by SportsCar Magazine utilizing an all-new second-generation Yaris SE three-door hatchback.
Toyota Yaris B-Spec Club Racer demonstrates how the all-new Yaris offers a cost friendly avenue for amateur racers eager to gain experience in SCCA wheel-to-wheel racing. The Yaris B-Spec Club Racer’s livery also pays homage to Toyota’s 1998 LeMans pole-winning GT-One race car, as Toyota celebrates it return to the famed racing series next year.
The all-new Yaris features a remarkable attention to detail in the design and engineering of the vehicle. From its smart, interior design and quiet, refined passenger cabin to its responsive driving dynamics, the 2012 Yaris answers car-shoppers’ demands for a no-compromise vehicle. With the right size for drivers who need an agile and functional vehicle, the all-new 2012 Toyota Yaris Liftback features sporty styling, more safety features and improved fuel economy.
Toyota Yaris B-Spec Club Racer Features:
- Toyota Le Mans GT-One inspired graphics
- OMP tow hooks
- Autopower Industries 8-point SCCA-spec roll cage
- Autopower window net
- OMP AFFF 2.8L fire system
- OMP HTE FIA race seat
- OMP 805 6-point FIA harness
- OMP WRC steering wheel
- RLC Racing Track Commander data acquisition system
- Hoosier Racing Tire A6 P205/50ZR15
- Enkei RPF1 15×7
- Cusco Zero-3 Series Suspension kit
- Cusco Center Lock Pillowball Upper Mounts
Brakes: Pagid RS29 brake pads
- Toyota 1NZ-FE 1.5 liter with VVT-i
- AEM Performance Electronics EMS Series 2
- Beta Motorsports cat-back exhaust
- Church Automotive Testing custom tune
- Joe Gibbs Driven XP1 Racing Oil
- Joe Gibbs Driven Super Speedway Gear oil
- K&N air filter
- K&N oil filter
The Yaris Club racer will compete in the SCCA B-spec class race category in 2012 with Action Sports Star and BMX legend Jamie Bestwick behind the wheel aiming to qualify for and compete in the 2012 SCCA National Championship Runoffs, held at the famed Road America circuit in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin.
Related Posts via Categories
- 2013 Toyota Venza
- New Toyota FT-86 Pictures Leaked Online
- 2012 Toyota Yaris – Upscale Euro NCAP rating
- New Toyota FT-86 Revealed Through Leaked Japanese Brochure?
- 2011 Toyota Sienna
- Toyota FT-86 G Sports Concept
- 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE
- Toyota FT-HS Sports Concept
- Toyota Avensis Facelift
- 2012 Toyota Tacoma to be Released in October